Saturday, March 6, 2010

This is one of my all-time favorite pictures. After Kirsten left for Africa, Amy was in Memphis, Heather was in Nashville, and I was pretty much the only girl left around with all the guys. We spent most nights playing board games (usually Monopoly and Rummikub), watching movies, or simply hanging out in the Devore kitchen or backyard. I can’t remember exactly when this picture was taken, but I think it was when Jonathan came home for his birthday the March after he moved to California. There are few snapshots that capture a time period in my life like this picture does. Before Jonathan moved to California (and when he made trips home) it wasn’t odd to meet at the Devore house after work, grab dinner, play monopoly until midnight, watch a movie, play one more quick game of monopoly and one of rummikub before heading home around 3:30 am. There were probably gallons of Red Bull consumed. When I think of Jonathan, these nights are some of the first memories to come to mind. With the exception of Wes, most of my college and post-college guy friends were people I came to know by our mutual friendships with Jonathan. These friendships are some of my most cherished, and I’m thankful that they let me tag along. When I look at this picture it’s representative of all those friendships…I think it’s why I love it so much.

No comments: