Friday, February 15, 2008

Spring is in the Air

I'm not for sure if on Groundhog's Day Phil saw his shadow (I was too busy playing with my nephews), but I do know that spring has arrived! Pitchers and catchers arrived at camp yesterday, marking the beginning of spring training. After three and a half months of the Mitchell Report, no Hot Stove action, and Congressional hearings, the baseball offseason has come to an end, and I couldn't be more happy. I realize I'm a day late reporting on the pitchers and catchers arriving at camp, but I had a huge French test that made all thing not French take the backburner. But this morning, transformation occurred. Suddenly I found myself switching my radio from 90s on 9 to 175- MLB Homeplate, a 24-hour, 365 day a year baseball channel. I was greeted with the familiar voices of Buck and Mark Patrick (aka The Big Chair). When I clicked on the channel, a caller was on the phone talking about none other than my Red Sox. It was with glee that I listened as Buck said he doesn't see the Yankees keeping pace with the Sox this season, and I felt like I was back home. So, baseball fans, dust off your playbooks, oil up your gloves, and save your money for hot dogs and peanuts because Baseball season has officially arrived.

No comments: