Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chicken Salad

I finally went to the grocery store this afternoon. When I got home, I made some chicken salad to take for lunch this week. Someone suggested I share the recipe, and I figure here's just as good a place as any. :) I'm not a person who creates her own recipes. I think the beauty in a recipe partially lies in the fact that it's gone before -- that people I love have made it before. The same is true for this recipe. I got this one from my friend Angela. I love it!

Tarragon Chicken Salad

1 C Mayonnaise
1 C Sour Cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 or 1/2 a teaspoon Tarragon
3 C chopped or shredded cooked chicken
1 C grapes
3/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans

Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, and tarragon. Set aside. Roast pecans on a cookie sheet for a few minutes. Let cool. Combine chicken, grapes (I like purple grapes, but my Momma always uses green grapes in her chicken salad -- either work), and pecans. Stir the mayonnaise/sour cream mixture into the chicken, grapes and pecans. I use my hands to mix it all. It's messy, but it's the best way to get it evenly distributed. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments: