Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Shout Cries Out Into the Night...

This weekend kicked off NFL football, and wow, what a weekend. I first became a bit disappointed to find out that not one single channel here in the Atlanta area was carrying the Patriots game, but then I realized that every Pats game can't be nationally broadcast. So, I then got excited to see that the Saints were being nationally broadcast. So, I begin flipping channels only to find they are showing the Falcons...not the Saints. A little bummed and with an hour to kill before the Sox game, I decided to watch anyway. At least the scoreboard ticker in the top kept me up to date with scores for the Pats and Saints. While dozing off to the sound of the announcers, I hear "Norwood in the back" and some ravings about Jarius Norwood. Without flinching, I was wide awake and watching diligently. I was exstatic to see the ex-Mississippi State footballer score a touch down helping the Falcons win. As the afternoon progressed, the games began to end. First, the Pats beat Kansas City in a game that seemed too close for the Patriots. Then the Falcons won, and not long after that the Saints won. With the Red Sox up 7-0 on the Rangers, it looked like it was going to be a perfect sports day for me. ALL of my favorite teams had won or were sure to win (I don't count the Falcons in any estimation to be a favorite of mine, though. But they were who I was for). I finished watching the Sox game via my computer on my tv screen. Since the Sox were playing in Texas, I got the Texas announcers and not Rem Dog and Don from NESN. Understandably, I didn't get any Patriots updates. After the Red Sox game, I turned on Baseball Tonight to catch up on the other games, and it was mentioned that Tom Brady was hurt in the first quarter. I thought to myself, "that stinks!" and waited around until Sports Center showed the footage. Now no-named insiders from the Pats locker room are putting Brady out for the rest of the season! The back-up dude is adorably cute, but he ain't no Tom Brady! Hopefully, Brady doesn't require season-ending surgery, and hopefully, he'll be back, and hopefully, in the meantime this back-up can pull the Pats through. Anyway, I decided to get a better idea of what is coming out of New England/Boston instead of relying on no-name resources from ESPN. Of course the site I went to first was NESN. The opening page opened quickly (as did all Red Sox pages), but any page about Brady or the Patriots wouldn't load. There was so much traffic that it slowed down the page so much that my browser kept giving up on it! So, the shout that you hear (faint as it may be down in the south) is the voice of all New Englanders. Let's hope somebody can keep people from diving head first into the Charles!
For me, I'll wait til Wednesday when the league will have to be notified and several MRIs have been done. If you see me with my fingers crossed over the next day or hear me muttering under my breath...I'm hoping and saying small prayers for my Pats. :) My hopes may all lie on the Saints this year...and that scares me.

2 comments:

Jiju said...

hi,
i have gone thru your sites...quite interesting...would like to meet and chat with you....
http://jijub.blogspot.com/
this is my blog.....

Jiju said...

i will be in skype....
my skype id is jijubin