Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Blind Melon

Some of you may know (and some may not) that the band Blind Melon has gotten back together. After Shannon died, the band looked for a new lead singer for awhile before giving up. All of the band members had moved on to new projects, but about a year and a half ago, Travis Warren joined the remaining members of Blind Melon as their new lead singer. They toured this fall for the first time in twelve years. The band will tour again starting in February, and they will have an album out around March.
I'll not get into the role Blind Melon has played in my life, and I'll not wax poetically about the good times at their concerts or hanging out backstage and on the tour bus when I was in high school. Instead, I'll just say that the three shows I saw in a matter of a week were phenomenal. Each were different...different songs, different crowds, and different venues. Yet, all of them were amazing. The last two shows were even more special because Blind Melon was opened by Moonlight Towers. The lead singer of Moonlight Towers, James, and the guitarist from Blind Melon, Rogers, are brothers. A Moonlight Towers show is amazing in its own right, but adding it to a Blind Melon show made for two nights of old friends and great music. Here is a slideshow of the pictures I took throughout the three concerts:

No comments: