Monday, October 8, 2007

Different Kind of Blow Out

There are a couple of things I've been working on this semester. The number one thing is that I've been trying really hard to maintain and follow a budget. I have severely limited my eating out funds, so I do a lot of cooking. I went to the grocery store on Saturday and bought a few things. Today as I was writing, I began to think that if I made tacos for supper tonight, I could take that to school tomorrow for lunch. I could heat up the mean and refrigerate the cheese. It would be a hearty meal (which I don't often get at school), and it would be paid for. So, I decided to take a break from writing and begin cooking. I got out a beautifully red pound of ground beef and put it in the freshly clean skillet. I turned on the front eye, and a huge spark lept out and flew across the room. I promptly turned that eye off! Then I tried the back eye on the same side. Apparently it had blown as well. I soon realized that all four eyes were blown as well as the oven. So, now here I am with nothing in the house that can be eaten raw, and no means to cook anything! Looks like my next stop is pizzahut.com.

No comments: